• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Terrorist attack on Istanbul airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
My toughts are with the families and friends off the victems.
Wish everybody well and safe travels , Peter.
Yes, my thoughts are with them too, and indeed with all the travelers who had to witness such a terrible scene. I flew through Brussels on my last camino, so airport bombings send a very deep chill into my heart. Hopefully we will all be safe, at least for a while.

Turkey is a country that I've gotten to know very well over the past 5 years. Istanbul is one of the world's great cities. I've always found the Turkish people to be extremely warm, friendly, tolerant, and welcoming. It saddens me greatly to see what is happening there these days. Between external terrorists, rebels / dissidents, and an increasingly authoritarian government Turkey is having some difficult days.

I hope things improve, though I am not optimistic (at least not in the short term). I have many friends there and I know they are struggling.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum