• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The BEST Videos showing the Camino I've ever watched!

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
This fellow Jay posts the BEST videos showing the actual track and villages of the Camino of any I've seen on YouTube.
I followed him all the way from SJPP to Santiago and was really impressed.
Unlike many videos which are selfies, selfies, selfies, he takes film of the track and the villages.
He also tells you about some of the albergues he stays in.
AWESOME videos!

If you are concerned and want to see exactly what the terrain you'll be walking in looks like, watch his videos from #1 when he leaves SJPP all the way to Santiago.

And do me a favor... click on his link in the description and leave the guy a coffee or two for all this beautiful work - and tell him AnnieSantiago sent you!

His videos ROCK!

Jay Wanders Out Camino Santiago Stage 1 from SJPP

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thanks Annie! When I get nostalgic and I don't have the chance to go on the Camino, I look for videos on YouTube that remind me of the path, villages, fields, vineyards, cities... But - as you wrote: the vast majority of videos are close-up faces that they take up the entire frame (if I'm lucky, I can see some leaves that he/she walks past😄) and talking, talking, talking... I guess these videos are meant for family and friends? That's why I am extremely happy when I come across something like what you kindly shared. I also like BK Lee's videos very much https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_qXVVpaxdCoYL3YveKf750Atgxqj2qls
every step is recorded (so each video is 4-6 hours) and the sound is the sound of footsteps on the way, soothing and pleasant. I know it's a bit strange to watch this, as a background when I'm doing something simple (some stages even several times😁), but a Camino addict can be forgiven a little for such exaggeration on winter days

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In humble submission of my efforts, I'd add my playlists. Similar to BK Lee but speeded up at 4X.

There are other videos than just Caminos, but their are videos there for the CF, CP, VdlP, Ingles, Muxia and Finisterre.

In humble submission of my efforts, I'd add my playlists. Similar to BK Lee but speeded up at 4X.

There are other videos than just Caminos, but their are videos there for the CF, CP, VdlP, Ingles, Muxia and Finisterre.
These are really useful John

I watched all of Jay's videos also, they are excellent and truly useful. If you don't mind, I might also suggest the following. It's 4 hours of beauty shots, friends, great comments, useful tips and a lot more. It was the first complete video I watched and it was the clincher for me, on May 1 flying to France and making my way to SJPDP, leaving on May 4 to Roncesvalles.

Enjoy!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I watched all of Jay's videos also, they are excellent and truly useful. If you don't mind, I might also suggest the following. It's 4 hours of beauty shots, friends, great comments, useful tips and a lot more. It was the first complete video I watched and it was the clincher for me, on May 1 flying to France and making my way to SJPDP, leaving on May 4 to Roncesvalles.

Enjoy!

thanks (again) for the kind compliments, @Moonie36 !
Making these videos is like necessary processing for me (and a good excuse to walk it again, in my mind)...

Yes, I realize there are a ton of wonderful videos people have made and posted.
That type of thread could go on for days and years... there are literally HUNDREDS of them.

My post is about this particular playlist, which I found very helpful.
I hope people will give it a chance and watch it.

Yes, I realize there are a ton of wonderful videos people have made and posted.
That type of thread could go on for days and years... there are literally HUNDREDS of them.

My post is about this particular playlist, which I found very helpful.
I hope people will give it a chance and watch it.
Maybe not of that quality to be honest. The one you posted and the one I posted are out of this league. Storiestellr is in the process of making his 2023 videos also. They are just awesome.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This fellow Jay posts the BEST videos showing the actual track and villages of the Camino of any I've seen on YouTube.
Unlike many videos which are selfies, selfies, selfies, he takes film of the track and the villages.
AWESOME videos!

If you are concerned and want to see exactly what the terrain you'll be walking in looks like, watch his videos from #1 when he leaves SJPP all the way to Santiago.

And do me a favor... click on his link in the description and leave the guy a coffee or two for all this beautiful work - and tell him AnnieSantiago sent you!

His videos ROCK!

Thank you for the recommendation. Do you know what month Jay walked the CF?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think it was in September last year
Just to confirm - September, 2023. In episode 3 he refers to some food he's carrying as having an expiry date of 01 September. And he says "Since this is Sept 9, I think we're still good." Plus, in episode 2, a digital board in Pamplona shows 302 days till the next "Running of the Bulls".

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
AWESOME videos!

His videos ROCK!

Well that took me right back to October when I done my camino...Great set of videos Well worth watching thankyou Jay and thanks Annie for telling us about this link.

Just to confirm - September, 2023. In episode 3 he refers to some food he's carrying as having an expiry date of 01 September. And he says "Since this is Sept 9, I think we're still good." Plus, in episode 2, a digital board in Pamplona shows 302 days till the next "Running of the Bulls".
ok? That's September of last year I'm pretty sure :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Crazy! That is what we were told by others when we decided to walk 500+ miles with two of our children across the top of Spain. We got a little nervous in the weeks leading up to the flight that...
I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back