• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The blessing of the new refugio (in September)

amleyland

I am planning to go out to see this new refugio and to be present at the blessing. I shall be staying in Ferrol. Any one else going?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
He means the Confraternity of Saint James's new refuge at Miraz, between Baamonde and Sobrado dos Monxes.

On Thursday 28 September at 12noon the Bishop of Lugo (from whom the CSJ has a 10 year lease on the building) is coming to celebrate Mass in the church of Santiago and afterwards he will bless the refuge and the work of hospitality which goes on for pilgrims.

Any pilgrims who are walking the route then are very welcome to come and participate and come to the party afterwards.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
we had a good party after the mass, and there will soon be pictures on line.....
In the meantime, if you are passing, call in for coffee and a slideshow. I will be at the refuge (as hospitalera) for another week.
Blessings upon you all
Barbara

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
re quote

Alan

Its from Longfellow - A Psalm of Life.
There are some more verses you can find it online.

Most read last week in this forum