• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino The camino provides. Today it provided mud!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
That reminds me of the Meseta last October, with 5 inches of clay sticking to my boots.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If everyday it provided the same, it would be boring. It's more fun if you get variety of (almost) all sort even if you don't like some of it. Keep enjoying and have a great time!

I liked very much you profile status: "A bad day on the Camino is still better than a good day at work!"
Yes, indeed!
Good walking (or, considering the mud... navigating) !

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The Spanish hippos will be happy

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
2016 is being very wet in Spain (good for wheat in Castiila-Leon) but extremely dry in some parts of Canada .
@ Pelegrin:
This is true so far, but the rainy season in Calgary is due to start on May 15, so we may be underwater here at any time after that. The city authorities are releasing water from a local reservoir in preparation for the rains.

Looks just like the "scenic" walk into Astorga did on a rainy morning early last October! By the time I got into town, my pilgrim platforms were taller than the Spice Girls' sneakers!

DebR:

That section of the Camino (to Astorga) can be a real slip and slide in the rain. That said, it takes you past David's rest stop, a true Camino gem.

Ultreya,
Joe

Castiila-Leon

Castilla y León.

the rainy season in Calgary is due to start on May 15,

There's a prayer in some Spanish speaking countries that says: San Isidro labrador, quita el agua y pon el sol (St. Isidore the farmer, put away the water and bring us sun). I wondered where would the water go and now you gave me an answer: It goes to Calgary! Note: S. Isidro day is May 15th.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I finished the France's last Thursday and have got lots of the 'mud' photos too. However, after I broke my foot just before O'Cebreiro I was grateful for it, much softer than the alternative - rocks! Those next few days up and down were painful.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum