• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The Celtic Camino - Any Advice?

Paul McG

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Portugués, S. Salvador, Primitivo, Inglés
Hi All,
To those of you who have hiked The Celtic Camino [i.e. the Camino Inglés + a pilgrim way in Ireland], can you tell me if it was indeed possible to attain a Compostella from the pilgrim office in Santiago?

I have hiked the Kerry Camino [Tralee to Dingle] and have the certificate to prove it. Do I have to bring this certificate with me, or do I have to run it by the Camino Society in St James', Dublin?

Also - any useful info about the route Ferrol-Santiago, would be much appreciated

Go n-Éirí Bhur mBóthar Libh!

Paul

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You don't need to run it by anyone. If you have a few stamps and a Celtic cert showing 27km or more, you'll be fine walking from A Coruña to Santiago to get a compostela. Bring the cert with you.. (it's officially 73km from A Coruña). If you walk from Ferrol you won't need a Celtic cert as it's over 100km. Don't sweat it. Camino Ingles is very popular now and well marked.

Your certificate might get crushed. Take a scan on your phone, or a photocopy. As Flog says, it is not needed from Ferrol.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I had no problem in June 2022 with getting my Compostela at the pilgrims office. In Ireland, I walked St. Kevins Way, there is no certificate for this. The Irish Camino Society sent me a Celtic Camino certificate, when I sent them a copy of my 2 Wicklow stamps. Off I went to Galacia a week later, and had a lovely camino from A Coruna to Santiago
It was a nightmare getting out of A Coruna, with few markers, and all difficult to locate. This is mentioned in John Brierlys' 2022 guidebook, but of course I thought it could'nt be that difficult. Once out of the city, it seemed to be marked every 50m!
On my second day I met a group who had taken a taxi to the outskirts, having read John Brierlys' comments about the lack of signage

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum