• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The Galician 《 sakura 》 blooms in Rois

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Probably the flowering is not spectacular because the cold temperatures. A park (Quinta de los Molinos) near my house in Madrid has a lot of almond trees that atrack a lot of people this month, but this year the flowering has been poor.

Yesterday I finished walking the Nakahechi Kumano Kodo at the Hongu shrine. The sakura is in full bloom just now - a stunning sight. Now and again I have walked through a flurry of falling petals. Just across the road from the shrine's main gate is a gift from Galicia to mark the twinning of the Camino and the Kumano Kodo routes: a Camino distance marker saying it is nearly 11,000km to Santiago. The mixture of something so familiar with the Japanese architecture and landscape is a little bewildering

Attachments

• IMG_20180329_122543.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum