• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Journey

RobboSC

I know, I know, not another Camino book, but what can I say? I have this need, that won’t be satisfied if I don’t write it.

Life is a journey. Full of ups and downs, joy and sadness, happiness and regret. But every so often something happens, something more, something… life-changing, that forces us to stop and look at who we are, and our journey takes an unexpected turn. No one knows what's around that next corner. Maybe we'll learn more about ourselves than we ever knew before and maybe we'll find that we're not heading that way alone. Maybe making the journey together will be the key to revealing the answers, for everyone.

"The Journey", is a semi-autobiographical novel that I am currently working on that will detail experiences from both on and off the Camino de Santiago. It is currently a work in progress, since as we all know life can get in the way of… life and I hope that through writing it not only can I share my journey with you but it can also become a vehicle in helping to secure an albergue on the Camino de Santiago.

After walking more than 10,000 miles on the Camino through parts of five different countries over the past decade, I know that’s where I should be; on the Camino, helping others with wherever their journeys lead them.

You can currently read the first few chapters for free through Patreon (https://patreon.com/robertphallam) and soon through Kindle Vella (to be linked soon). If you like what you read please consider donating or subscribing through either platform, as well as sharing “The Journey” with anyone else you think might enjoy it. Of course, if you don’t like what you read, I still want to thank you for taking the time to look ;)

Thanks! and… Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks for sharing. 10,000 miles is a lot hahaha. How many Caminos have you done?

I'm hoping to embark on one this coming summer, what country was your favorite?

As a wannabe writer too (though of the Sci-Fi genre) I'm not only interested in hearing more about your journey on the Camino but your experience as a fledgling writer as well.

I don't know much about Patreon. I've looked at Medium and I'm looking at Kindle Vella as well to get my Sci-Fi stories out there fast. Have you had much success there?

I've walked Caminos each year since 2012, save 2020 due to the virus that shall not be named 😡

It's hard to say which country is my favorite, though my book is mainly about my first experience, which was the Camino Frances in 2012. I

What I CAN say is that my most recent favorite country is Portugal. I hope to go back there next summer 😉

As for Kindle Vella I've only just started there. But here's the link if you wanna check it out:

I'll let you know how it goes!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.