• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

the way BACK

GunnarW

Time of past OR future Camino
2011+ > Spain, Belgium, France
I rented a car in Santiago and doing the way back till Logroño.
What a feeling to see on the Autovia A6 the plates of the places in reverse order.
DO CEBREIRO and 4 minutes later VALCARCE and 4 minutes later VILLAFRANCA DO BIERZO just after the tunnel.
8 minutes driving, 2 days walking. Meanwhile plenty of flashbacks.
CACABELOS > PONFERRADA >...
and then suddenly the flat land, the beginning of the MESETA
Tomorrow the - oh so hated - N120

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wow, that must be weird! I felt a little funny when I took the bus to the airport and saw what I had walked under the rain two days prior.

I decided to do a deetour to Castrojeriz to visit the castillo. Nice view. It was not so easy to find the access to the castillo. That was around 14:00
Next, I had to idea to eat a self made bocadillo in the lovely oasis of San Bol. I drove carefully over the camino and was surprised how much peregrinos I met. During the 5km camino between Hontanas and San Bol, I counted 33 peregrinos.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hey Gunnar, I know the feeling.
I took the train from Santiago back to Bayonne. It was like seeing a movie of my pilgrimage!
So many memories.

Had a cheap Ryanair ticket from Bayonne back to Stansted.

Ultreia,
David, Victoria, Canada.

Thanks for another great installment.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
After blacking out in a very small village on the Via de la Plata, I was taken by ambulance to Zamora. The trip took 45 minutes. It had taken me 7 days to walk it!

Humbling experience on many levels.

By the way, I was fine, got great care and recieved a very reasonable bill two weeks later.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum