• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

The Way (in english)

RObyCharlotte

Time of past OR future Camino
1.6.-30.6.2023
Does anyone know where I Can streame the movie “The Way”? I live in Denmark.

Can you recommend any other movie about the camino?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Can you recommend any other movie about the camino?

Jeg kan ikke rigtigt anbefale den, for jeg har ikke selv set den, men der er lige kommet en ny dansk film 'Camino' (frigivet i februar i år) med blandt andre Lars Brygmann. Den kan ses på Viaplay og Yousee TV.

(I can't really recommend it because I haven't seen it myself, but a new Danish movie 'Camino' has recently been released (February this year), featuring among others Lars Brygmann. It is on Viaplay and Yousee TV).

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Does anyone know where I Can streame the movie “The Way”? I live in Denmark.
This online library has copies. They aren't the highest quality and there are different opinions about whether what they do is legitimate but they haven't been shut down even after decades of storing copies of websites.

This online library has copies. They aren't the highest quality and there are different opinions about whether what they do is legitimate but they haven't been shut down even after decades of storing copies of websites.

Thank you so much🙏🏼

It just occurred to me to mention that there are a few versions of the film. My US DVD runs very close to 2:00 hours. One that was on YouTube, supposedly in Spanish but really in English, ran about 10 minutes longer if I remember correctly. I think someone here once mentioned there was one that was somewhere in-between.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I downloaded mine from YouTube in England, it was the English version, there were other language versions there as well

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I can recommend the film "I'll push you". Two friends doing the camino, one in a wheelchair and the other pushing. Very touching....
Yes! I usually recommend that people watch "The Way" first - as a light hearted movie that gives a general idea of what the Camino is like (Yes - still a movie - but gives people a general idea). Then I say to watch "I'll Push You" as an amazing journey (documentary) of 3 friends who do what I would have thought was impossible prior to watching. It is a beautiful story that brought me to tears a few times! And I rarely cry at movies.

I haven't watched others myself - but these two I watch repeatedly.

To see a French movie or read a French novel about the Le Puy camino/Le Chemin du Puy you might enjoy Saint-Jacques ...La Mecque by Coline Serreau published 2005 by Flammarion. You can buy the book and the later movie version on Amazon.

Basically this is the story of four adult siblings, three men and one woman, who do not get along and who must walk the Le Puy camino in order to receive their inheritance.

As well two young French-born Arab boys also are on the camino believing mistakenly that it leads to Mecca. The movie scenery is great and the situations amusing. After all is said and done the final scene might be titled "...all you need is love!".

Happy reading/viewing and Bon Chemin/Buen camino.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Best camino film - with pilgrims not actors is : WITHIN THE WAY WITHOUT
Filmed in 2004
There are previous posts on this forum for this film : https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/within-the-way-without.3364/

Available from the CSJ bookshop – http://www.csj.org.uk
At the dawn of the new millennium, a Dutch social worker, a famous Japanese poet and a Brazilian girl has made the road to Santiago and back to their countries, they recall the experience. The trip is also a journey into themselves, sharing physical and spiritual space with millions of pilgrims have made their way from the Middle Ages.

Best camino film - with pilgrims not actors is : WITHIN THE WAY WITHOUT
Filmed in 2004
There are previous posts on this forum for this film : https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/within-the-way-without.3364/

Available from the CSJ bookshop – http://www.csj.org.uk
It's not in stock at the CSJ bookshop, but I've just watched it on YouTube. I REALLY enjoyed it.

What struck me was how fast 20 years has gone by in terms of many things in this movie and how the Camino has exploded in popularity. But especially magical was seeing again some of the amazing people who were true legends of the Camino but who are now no longer with us.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It is being re-released in (some) cinemas soon, and will become available for streaming some time afterwards.

Yes! I usually recommend that people watch "The Way" first - as a light hearted movie that gives a general idea of what the Camino is like (Yes - still a movie - but gives people a general idea). Then I say to watch "I'll Push You" as an amazing journey (documentary) of 3 friends who do what I would have thought was impossible prior to watching. It is a beautiful story that brought me to tears a few times! And I rarely cry at movies.

I haven't watched others myself - but these two I watch repeatedly.
Yes three friends…..but many pilgrims and helped at critical points as well.

Does your local library loan out videos. Maybe they have it
I do not need a copy of The Way film, I have the complete DVD with extra's. I was responding to a poster from Denmark who was looking for an english language copy of the movie.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I do not need a copy of The Way film, I have the complete DVD with extra's. I was responding to a poster from Denmark who was looking for an english language copy of the movie.
Ah, taking the thread up from there: In a recent interview, published on 11 May 2023 (links in other current threads), Emilio Estevez has said this about the availability of "The Way":

It is a one-day event on Tuesday, May 16 with Fathom Events [when the movie will be shown in theatres in the United States]. Then there'll be a month where they run it on a streaming platform for one month. Then after the streaming platform, we'll be back on all the usual suspects with Amazon and Apple and all of those.
I understand this to mean that the rights to stream the movie have been suspended for a few weeks but it will be back on the usual streaming platforms in July 2023. This probably refers to distribution rights in the USA. It remains to be seen how it relates to potential viewers in other countries such as Denmark, with all the geo-restrictions that theses businesses so often and so annoyingly impose on us consumers of online digital content.

Yes three friends…..but many pilgrims and helped at critical points as well.
Yes- didn’t want to put “spoilers” out for those who haven’t seen it yet. But the 2 best friends were supported early in the journey by another friend from home. Then they got a lot of support along the way from people who were strangers before the journey. It shows the incredible spirit of the Camino at its best. This documentary is better watched than explained.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back