• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Three Deaths on the Camino

maggie44

I read "Two Deaths on Camino" on May 18 and 19 and wanted to add that another Canadian died in his sleep (heart) at the albergue in Cacabelos on May 20, 2011. He was 77 and lived in Guelph, Ontario. So THREE pilgrims died within a few days of one another in May. A very sad time on the Camino............

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Maggie
death while being a sad time can also be a celebratory thing, being a certain age myself (64) when I walk the Camino death is something I have to consider,midway through my 2nd camino I come to terms with this-I was in a good place and realized that hey this is where I want to be this is what I want to be doing,it was a peaceful time for me this exception, better for me to go while on the Camino-discovered in mins/hours than to lay for days/weeks in my home. (friends and family think I spend my life walking somewhere or other)
mind you I have no plans to go just yet the Camino has given me new strength lost weight and a fitness level not seen for years,now if only I can give up the smoking drinking and carousing I may last a bit longer 8) I can't think of a better place to shuttle off this mortal coil from than walking the Camino
Ian

Most read last week in this forum