• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Time limits

Pilar

I will be doing the northern route in September but will run very close on time. If there is a problem along the way, is there a section that can be missed this time around? Perhaps an easy bus route from one place to another?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
...the northern route ...an easy bus route from one place to another?

Hi Pilar. You can take local trains that stop everywhere along that general area. There's such a myriad of combinations you can make, not only on that route, but everywhere in the Caminos. I did something similar to what you suggest, stopping and taking detours in the north via local trains, to places like the Santuario de la Virgen de Covadonga, the Museo del Indiano, in Colombres, the Picos de Europa to visit the monastery of Santo Toribio, and more, until I got to Oviedo. There, I spent the night at the albergue, hitting the Camino Primitivo the following day.

Buen Camino :arrow: xm 8)

Most read last week in this forum