• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Tonight BBC Great Continental Railway Journeys - A Coruna to Lisbon

miguel_gp

Veteran Member
On UK BBC 2 tonight at 9pm, Great Railway journeys travels between A Coruna and Lisbon and stops in Santiago to talk to pilgrims. Will be available on iPlayer and I believe maybe repeated later in the week.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
On UK BBC 2 tonight at 9pm, Great Railway journeys travels between A Coruna and Lisbon and stops in Santiago to talk to pilgrims. Will be available on iPlayer and I believe maybe repeated later in the week.
bummer --- only available to view in UK.
but thanks for alerting me to the docu - might find it later elsewhere. in june i took the train/s from santiago down south to santarem ... would have loved to revisit the ride. - and hope it's a good docu for everyone lucky enough to see it!
saluti, C

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Some of the series has made it onto YouTube, but I think it was the first showing of this particular episode so it isn't there yet. It was quite good; he met a few pilgs on the outskirts of Santiago. Apparently, Michael Portillo walked the last section (I suspect from O Cebreiro) a few years before the programme was made.

There is an episode on a train journey from Granada to Salamanca, which probably doesn't mention the Camino but may be of interest to VDLP pilgrims anyway.

splendid. thanks!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
He mentioned that he had walked 11 days when he walked his Camino and I think he is a relatively fit man so Astorga maybe? Who knows? One thing though, I was astonished he is younger than me!!!

He mentioned that he had walked 11 days when he walked his Camino and I think he is a relatively fit man so Astorga maybe? Who knows? One thing though, I was astonished he is younger than me!!!
Yes, I thought he said that, but then he said something like "130kms; just more than the minimum required for a certificate". He seems like the kind of chap who would explore every old building along the way, so maybe that held him up a bit.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I watched the programme on iPlayer first thing this morning from the link here. Loved it so much that I spent the rest of the day watching the other programmes too, lol. One very restful Saturday. Thank you very much for the heads up, Miguel. I don't have TV so I wouldn't have known about it otherwise. Cheers.

When out last night a friend came up to me and said that I really must watch it (I already had). I have often told him about it and commented thatb he thought that he recognised one of the shots of the Camino from a photo I had shown him. For some time he has commented that he would like to go when he has finished his Doctorate so I guess one day we will evolve him.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum