• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Tour de France July 2023

Zordmot

3rd CF in May 2022
Time of past OR future Camino
April-May 2022
The route and stages of the 2023 Tour de France for July 2023 have been announced today. The remarkable story here is that the entire first week will run in the Basque region of Spain and France. The route intersects El Norte and doesn’t cross the Camino Frances but is close enough for those interested in combining the TDF with your Camino experience. Stage 1 starts and ends July 1st in Bilbao.

Attachments

• EA386FEC-C2F1-48C2-B692-4040611318F6.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Great info @Zordmot, what a wonderful bonus experience for those who get their timing right...or wrong... depending on your perspective!

The Giro d'Italia crossed my path multiple times in Switzerland & Italy while on the VF in 2019. Once, I saw the riders (& accompanying cavalcade) on a mountainside in the distance & other times, the peloton had passed through before I arrived. I did however, score a 'goody bag' from a sponsor car which had cheeses, relish, bread roll & crackers..perfect for a walker!
I had a rest day in a town which coincided with a stage passing; unfortunately I didn't get myself into gear (haha ) in time to watch. It is still a minor regret.

IMHO well worth a detour if you can, even if just to see the spectacle/theatre/circus ...it is one of the great sporting events in the world.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum