• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Toying with taking a tent ....

Undermanager

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid (x2)
VDLP
Salvador
Primitivo
Finisterra / Muxia
Lana
I've never felt the need for a tent for the Caminos in the last three years, but have a great one man tent that weighs less than one Kg. I am thinking about taking this on this year's route, from Almeria? There's probably not a serious need, but it might add a bit of extra flexibility and fun.

Thoughts from those who have travelled from Almeria .....?

Thanks

Dave

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Dave,
I walked with a couple of amigos, starting in Almeria in early April last year, I think it would be possible to camp along the way, and no doubt there are lots of places to wild camp, (I didn't see a official camp site.) As I see it the main problems would be washing and showering.
I can see the attraction of camping, but if I were to repeat the Mozarabe I would not consider taking a tent.
Regards
George

Most read last week in this forum