• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Train from CDG Paris to Le PUY

Chuck Cunningham

Time of past OR future Camino
Starting April, 15, 2017
anyone interested in getting from CDG Paris to Le Puy I found a train on the website trainline.eu below are the details. Seemed like a pretty good deal to me and fairly easy.
As you can see it cost 91 euros which i thought to be very fair. Leaves CDG aroung 830 sm and arrives at Le Puy around 230 pm.

Aéroport-Paris-Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle CDG ? Le

Puy-en-Velay - Monday, 17 April 2017 €91.20
08:31 Aéroport-Paris-Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle

CDG TGV 9810
10:30 Lyon Part-Dieu
Passenger: Charles
Carriage 11, seat 17
12:06 Lyon Part-Dieu TER 89981
13:09 Firminy
13:20 Firminy Coach/Bus 6016
14:35 Le Puy-en-Velay
Receiving your ticket
This ticket must be printed from a SNCF self-

service terminal at a station or at a ticket office.

how to use the self-service terminal and how to

print your ticket.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just a word of warning. Paris stations stack trains on their platforms. You need to check the train number when you get on is the same as your ticket. Otherwise you could end up going to an entirely different place

Is the last part of the trip by bus into Le Puy?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Is the last part of the trip by bus into Le Puy?

It looks that way. Below is a copy of my schedule.

Aéroport-Paris-Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle CDG → Le Puy-en-Velay -Monday, 17 April 2017 €91.20
08:31 Aéroport-Paris-Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle CDG TGV 9810

10:30 Lyon Part-Dieu
Carriage 11, seat 17
12:06 Lyon Part-Dieu TER 89981
13:09 Firminy
13:20 Firminy Coach/Bus 6016
14:35 Le Puy-en-Velay

Just a word of warning. Paris stations stack trains on their platforms. You need to check the train number when you get on is the same as your ticket. Otherwise you could end up going to an entirely different place
Very good advice thank you.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
So your only real problem is getting from Customs/Immigration to the train station at CDG. It is helpful to consult online maps beforehand (http://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/passengers/access/paris-charles-de-gaulle/terminals-map), as the signage onsite at CDG is .... quite reliant upon telepathy.
Good to know as immigration can take a while..but for this trip I'm good. Flight gets in at 6pm, train leaves at 8am the following morning. Arrives in Le Puy (bus) around 230 pm.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back