• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Train to Irun

Ellen Verbakel

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte (2016)
Does anybody knows when the tickets will be available for travelling by train from the Netherlands to Irun?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Ellen,
Welcome to the Forum!
Your route might be Amsterdam to Paris/Gare de Nord and then
Paris/Gare Montparnasse to Hendaye/Irun. For timetables of trains from Amsterdam to Paris see www.Thalys.com. For French trains see www.Voyages-SNCF.com. Final schedules are usually set 3 months in advance.
Bon Voyage and Buen camino!

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I flew from Paris to Biarritz mid September 2015, I remember there was a train to Irun around noon and another around 6 pm. I assume this year's schedule will be the same. Check www.sncf.fr for this year's update.

Does anybody knows when the tickets will be available for travelling by train from the Netherlands to Irun?
Hello Ellen,
I'm flying with Ryanair from Weeze to Santander (return abt 70 Euro) and take the bus (Alsa.es) from Santander to Irun (abt 15 Euro). I will not walk the whole CdN, but only 2,5 wks.
For train tickets: to book 3 months in advance will give you the lowest fares.

Bon camino,

Most read last week in this forum