• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transportation from Barcelona to Pamplona

barryg

Time of past OR future Camino
June: Camino Frances from Pamplona
I hate to ask every little question here, but you have all been so helpful; I hope I am not over doing it.

I just wanted to tell you my plan and see if it sounds like the best way to get from Barcelona to Pamplona to start my walk:

I will arrive at El Prat at 9:30 AM, Terminal 1.

I will take the shuttle or walk to Terminal 2 and take the Renfe to Barcelona Sants, then catch a bus to Pamplona.

I will get an albergue in Pamplona and start walkin' the next day!!!!

Sound like a plan?

Would you recommend buying the Renfe ticket in advance, as it is quite a bit cheaper that way?

Would you take the Renfe or the bus. I like trains, so that's why I chose the Renfe.

I appreciate any input. I don't necessarily need my hand held, but. . .oh Hell, hand holding would be great!

Very excited about the trip!

Barry

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
About 6.25 hours by bus, vs. 4 hours by train. I'd take the train.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

That's exactly what I did last year and two years ago; took the renfe train from sants to Pamplona. book your ticket on their website ahead of time; it's a lot cheaper/

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum