• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transporting walking poles on airplanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrosado1

Time of past OR future Camino
May (2013)
How? Can I just tie them together and check them? They don't collapse into my bag. Advise?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I tied mine to my pack and checked it as luggage (one free bag on Iberia). Worked fine both ways.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Good idea, though I've never heard of these in the UK (but then I lead a very quiet life...lol)
A similar thing we have is copper pipe insulating tubes, made from foam, with a slit already cut in them so would be easy to insert the pole sections.

I used a FedEx shipping carton (12in x 24in) to check my pacer poles on Lufthansa. Cost me $2 at the local shipping office.

You can also buy mailing tubes at some stationery stores. Pool noodles sound like an excellent idea!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum