• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Travel Arrangements - can't get there from here

moraneigel

I have worked on my travel route and after feeling "can't get there from here" while working on transportation from Paris, Madrid, Pamplona, I found flying in to Toulouse seems to be the easiest. I will take a train to Saint Jean Pied de Port and will be on my way. I have also heard that Toulouse was/is a part of the Camino. Where would I find that information/map for the Camino's start from Toulouse? I am going to go with the flow from this point.
Moraneigel

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Moraneigel,

Toulouse is on the Camino from Arles. See Forum topic Routes in France, the Arles route and http://www.csj.org.uk/arlesroute.htm for more helpful information on this route. The CSJ also sells an English guidebook Toulouse to Puente la Reina by Michael Gaches.
Margaret

A selection of Camino Jewellery
It depends on how much time you plan to dedicate for the walk.
The Arles trail is not so well marked, less accomodations. If it's your first time - do the way from SJPDPD.

Thank you for your wisdom and I have decided to go back to my original plan of starting at SJPP Once I figured the additional distance, it would interfer with arrangements and commitments I have at home. I am not one to get flustered if I miss the markers and have to go back, that can happen anytime, but I only gave myself 7 weeks before I came back home. The Arles Camino, starting at Toulouse, will have to be my next Camino experience.
Moraneigel

Most read last week in this forum