• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

travel in France and Germany

doug johnson

I am planning a trip from Santiago, completed the Camino de Santiago last month, and will pick up my mountain bike in Santiago and travel to France and Germany. Does anyone want to come with me and are their any albergues in France similiar to those in Spain? I am flexible with my summer and will be leaving here from Washington State in a couple of weeks.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Lodgings in France tend to be privately operated gites (typical capacity 12-20), although there are often municipal gites also (capacity 30+). Both are smaller than the average in Spain. In France most travelers will call a day ahead to reserve, so you may need to pick up a route guide and a SIM for France for your cell phone.

You may want to investigate the Pan-Europa Radweg (Cycle Path), which runs from Paris to Prague.

Most read last week in this forum