• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Travel Santiago de Compostela to Lisbon

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 - Camino Frances
2019 - Camino Portugues
Despite being a seasoned traveller, I can’t for the life of me find a fast / convenient way to travel from SdC to Lisbon. I would consider rail but there is a pending strike … and the direct bus is 9 hours! Any suggestions are very much appreciated. Thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If speed is more important than price then you can fly SCQ - Madrid - Lisbon in under 3 1/2 hours but it will probably cost you close to 300 euros. Do you have a precise date in mind for travelling?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
… and the direct bus is 9 hours!
It’s ~600km so that’s about how long it should take on a bus (direct doesn’t mean express; there are stops). It took us 10.5 hours in a bus from Lisbon to A Coruña two days ago. That’s just how long it takes.

Okay … I ended up booking Iberia thru Madrid … not cheap at €392 but cheaper than the quoted economy fare of €590 … not sure why … but settled and done.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Another option would be bus fromSantiago to Porto airport, then fly to Lisbon, fairly cheap flights are available, would cost less than 100€ total.

Most read last week in this forum