• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Travelling Camino Portugues in July

Jilay

Time of past OR future Camino
I am planning to walk camino in July 2016
Hey everyone,
I am sure this question has been asked before but i was not able to find an answer that corresponded with the things that i would like to know.

I am travelling camino portugues in the first week of July, and i have not yet booked any accomodations or any alburgue. How necessary is it to pre-book ? Since i am travelling alone would it be easier for me to get an accomodation somewhere ?

Thanks,
Jilay

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
If you are planning to stay in municipal albergues and arriving by early afternoon you are likely to get a bed. (Municipal albergues generally can't be booked in any case, private albergues can). Getting somewhere later in the day, going somewhere popular like Casa Fernanda, or just having more certainty if that is important to you, then book ahead. The Brierly guide lists numbers or use an app like booking.com . Personally I like to book a first place to stay after travelling then see how it goes on a daily basis.

I also will travelling on July, arriving on the 20th, and start to walk on the 21rt . It is save to take a tent? I am travelling alone.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum