• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

travelling Europe

Eric1985

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi this isnt really a camino based question I hope thats ok. Im walking the camino end of may and planning to do some travelling around Europe after it. I was looking up inter rail package prices and dont know if its for me. Would anyone who has done the travelling Europe thing have any advice on the matter ,cheapest way of travelling around etc. Any help I would be most grateful. im fairly open to what countries I see no plan really in place just pick my next destination from where I am. Thankyou in advance.

Eric
Republic of Ireland

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Eric, I've travelled really cheaply around Europe with 'blablacar' (http://www.blablacar.com), a lift-sharing service where you just make a contribution to petrol. It's safe and reliable, the drivers all have profiles, photos, and reviews from other passengers (a bit like couch-surfing!) - I've honestly never had a bad experience and I've met a load of really cool people along the way!

Hi thanks very much for that I will look into it

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The cheapest way to hop between cities tends to be by air. At least if you cross borders. The various discount carriers are fairly cheap if you book in advance and can avoid the surcharges. Vueling has sales. Ryanair has sales. Easyjet has sales. In some cities the cost for the airport shuttle might be more then your plane ticket.

Rail can be good with in countries. Rome to Florence for example the high speed train is cheap if booked in advance.

You don't really see much with the train either. It's not like the car that you can stop any place you like. The big advantage of the train is it goes city centre to city centre. Airports tend to be out of the way.

If you really want to see the places in between the big cities you tend to need a car. But that gets expensive.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum