• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Trouble Purchasing Bus Ticket from Pamplona to St. Jean.

Time of past OR future Camino
May (2013)
September (2015)
Have found my way to the sites, but no luck on actually purchasing a ticket - I always receive an input error. I am hoping to purchase a ticket for September 3. Any suggestions on what might be going wrong?
Thank you.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Honestly, I don't think you'll have any problems getting your ticket when you arrive in Pamplona.
But... I have had better luck paying via Paypal from the USA.
For some reason, they don't like US credit cards.

Honestly, I don't think you'll have any problems getting your ticket when you arrive in Pamplona.
Thanks so much for your reply. I won't worry so much about it!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I find that buying a ticket at the bus station with cash usually works.

Only once did I end up waiting (El Calafate to Puerto Natales) to see if everyone who had reserved a seat would show up. There was only one bus that day and I got a seat.

Having purchased bus tickets over the last few years from the U.S. I have the same problem. The only way that works for me is Pay Pal. A Pay Pal account is a good process for doing business in foreign countries . You will be able to make purchases for transport as well as hotels etc. if you happen to loose your credit card, you can always use Pay Pal for an emergency back up if need be. Just a thought.
As previously stated, you should not worry too much about getting your bus ticket prior to arrival. That can be done when you get in country. I normally get my ticket in advance because of my flight time arrival from the states. More convenient for me.
Buen Camino .

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Have found my way to the sites, but no luck on actually purchasing a ticket - I always receive an input error. I am hoping to purchase a ticket for September 3. Any suggestions on what might be going wrong?
Thank you.

Buy the ticket when you arrive in Pamplona. Cash is the easiest. Below you have the information you need. Perhaps you already know this.
You can also travel with bus to Roncevalles ( it´s in the same country) and then take a taxi to SJPP, it´s just 25 km.
I think you will arrive in SJPP much faster this way. You can contact Express Burricot for the transport from Roncevalles.
Good Luck!

http://caminoteca.com/en/camino-faq/99-how-to-get-to-saint-jean-pied-de-port-from-pamplona

https://www.google.se/search?q=bus+...ygPBn5a4Cw#q=bus+from+pamplona+to+roncevalles

http://www.expressbourricot.com/

Thank you.

Just show up to the bus station in Pamplona early and buy your ticket.

Thanks to everyone who replied with suggestions. Using Pay Pal did the trick and I will remember to do this for future purchases.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
They're not fond of Canadian credit cards either. I didn't try the bus system, but did spend hours on the Renfe site for a train from Madrid to Pamplona. It's fine until you start processing the credit card. It gets hung up on the security section. They have a system whereby my local bank needed to verify the security code; but my bank's system is not compatible with Renfe's. So I booked through Rail Europe and paid three times the price. In retrospect, I think you're right; using cash at the station.

There are SO many buses from Madrid to Pamplona directly from the airport.
It's much easier than the train, in my opinion.
But I prefer the buses in Spain to the train.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
There are SO many buses from Madrid to Pamplona directly from the airport.
It's much easier than the train, in my opinion.
But I prefer the buses in Spain to the train.
Good to know, but the folks from Corazon Puro asked that I take a specific train from Madrid to Pamplons; probably because they were picking up others at the train station at the same time. Ah the lessons learned when you are the newbie. Thanks Annie.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I agree PayPal is a great way too go, but not all businesses in Europe use it. i.e.Rail Europe would not accept PayPal, so I just used a credit card.

would it be wise to have money in your paypal account in case your credit card gets lost or eaten by an atm and how would you access the money through paypal to receive cash?

would it be wise to have money in your paypal account in case your credit card gets lost or eaten by an atm and how would you access the money through paypal to receive cash?
I don't think you can. To avoid losing all your credit cards and ATM cards, put them in different locations. It is always prudent to have a backup.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you.
Buy your ticket at the local bus station in Pamplona. I did that 2 weeks ago.

I don't think you can. To avoid losing all your credit cards and ATM cards, put them in different locations. It is always prudent to have a backup.
unless you only own two cards; a debit and a credit:>)

Most read last week in this forum