• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Two pair of socks

Timo

Hello,
as an experienced hiker I`d highly recommend everybody to wear two pair of socks at the same time in their boots. Never mind the heat, it´s better to sweat than to have blisters. I know that you can use even socks made of cotton, but under them you have to have polyester socks. It works, believe me. The problem with cotton is the drying time when you wash then on tour. The same thing goes with wool. If I have to choose between cotton and wool, I´d go for wool, even in the summertime. Two thin layers is much better than one bulky one.
-T-

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I agree! I used two pair of smart wool socks and never had a blister...in 500 miles. I would avoid cotton at all costs. Smart wool is the way to go!

I agree also. We wore one pair of liner soaks and one pair of Smartwool.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
A very wise sugggestion. When I walked last April and May I had liner socks with me but didn't wear them and wasn't having any problems until the weather got warm. The first hot day and my feet started to sweat and I got my first blister on my heel. I treated the blister and started to wear the liner socks, which completly cured the problem I never developed another blister. When I walk again next year I will wear them everyday.

Most read last week in this forum