• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ultreia Ring Symbols

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Well, as far as I know, these rings does not have a tradition or historical roots. They are a modern creation of a jeweller of Compostela. They look nice, but I think you better ask the artist about the symbols.

Last edited:
Well, as far as I know, these rings does not have a tradition or historical roots. They are a modern creation of a jeweller of Compostela. They look nice, but I think you better ask the artist about the symbols.

Felipe,
Thanks for your response. Do you know the name of the jeweller?

Ivan

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Uhm, there is a rule against commercial contents (direct or indirect) in this forum. Just google for "Ultrea rings" and you will find it.;)

Last edited:
Um, @Felipe we don't mind members referring to products - we do it all the time - as long as it is not a commercial post - which means the member has no commercial or other connection with the product, is not receiving any benefit from it, and mention of the product name is incidental to providing answers to questions on the forum. What we are trying to avoid is "spam" and the forum becoming a marketing tool.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello,
Please can someone please explain the various symbols on a Ultreia ring.

Many thanks

Ivan
(English translation follows)

Anillo o alianza del Camino de Santiago en plata de ley.
Este anillo está hecho por manos artesanas que continúan con la ancestral tradición de los orfebres y azabacheros de Santiago.

El anillo del Peregrin@ está decorado con los símbolos del Camino y en el aparece también grabada la palabra Ultreia, que como muchos ya sabeis ha sido el saludo empleado por los peregrinos desde la edad media. Ultreia ,del latín, viene a significar "hacia adelante" y la contestación era "Ultreia et Suseia" (hacia adelante y más allá...) .

Se usaba como saludo y expresión de ánimo, como el "Buen Camino" de los tiempos actuales. Sin duda es un pequeño tesoro que te hará recordar la experiencia de haber hecho el Camino de Santiago y muchos momentos inolvidables.

(Ring or alliance of the Camino de Santiago in sterling silver.
This ring is made by artisan hands that continue with the ancestral tradition of the goldsmiths and azabacheros of Santiago.

The ring of the Peregrin @ is decorated with the symbols of the Way and in the also recorded the word Ultreia, which as many you know has been the salute used by the pilgrims since the Middle Ages. Ultreia, from the Latin, comes to mean "forwards" and the answer was "Ultreia et Suseia" (forward and beyond ...).

It was used as a greeting and expression of mind, as the "Good Way" of the present times. It is certainly a small treasure that will remind you of the experience of having made the Camino de Santiago and many unforgettable moments.)

For each person the symbols have different meanings.

FOR ME: Shell (symbol of pilgrimage), arrow (symbol of the way), flower (symbol of the renewal of life each spring-how this pilgrimage is a new springtime in my life), Sun (as the sunshine brings life to the earth, so the Son brings me everlasting life), umbrella (guards me from being burned by the sun and keeps me dry in the rain-my prayers are my protection on the way), drops (look like rain drops but I prefer them as tear drops representing the tears of joy and sorrow I shed on the way-represents the joys and sorrows of my life and how each has meaning and helps be to grow), musical note (reminds me of the music I heard on the way, music touches my soul and lifts me to a more intimate relationship with my God). I only wish it had a cross on it, too. That would be most meaningful for me but I can understand why it was left off because of the many different religions found trekking along the way.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back