• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Vdlp during xmas break?

• Thread starter Anemone del Camino
  • Start date
A

Anemone del Camino

ok, so I sort of quickly Googled this and got little next to nothing, I am becoming one of these people who asks all of you to tell me all you know without making much of an effort. But it just dawned on me that I have lots of to,e of during the Xmas holydays, amd since I do not stand heat, why not this route?

Since you are allowed to be as lazy as I am being, are there any basic links for me to check? I am curious about what stages I might be able to do due to opening dates,and waether.

Muchisimas gracias!​

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Although I'm not much help with albergues around this time I can tell you Sevilla is gorgeous at Christmas. I lived there for a while and loved the 'mild' Christmas compared to snow in the North. It's cold but lovely for walking. Do plan a few days in Sevilla before you head off.

Download the app VDLP by Melanie Radiski McManus. She provides plenty of detail on each stage including accommodation. I used it in April when I walked from Saville to Merida. Well worth the price... Also check out the resources section on this forum.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes Liz, great Idea. Although I walked VdlP last year for the second time, I used two resources.
1. Melanie’s app (great for the occasional ‘tricky bit’) and
2. Jirit’s accommodation list from the Camino Resources section here on the site. I’d suggest also have a mobile phone to call ahead and check albergues are open.

That’s all you’ll need. The route is really well marked and the locals are awesome, always ready to lend a hand if you are not sure of the path. Always check the ‘exit’ from a town the night before as you’ll probably be leaving low light in the mornings.
Buen Camino and enjoy Andalusia

Most read last week in this forum