• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Video camera for cyclist on the Camino

Sullykerry

A Humble Veteran
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Fall 2014
Caminho Portugues September 2015
I have looked at a number of threads yet haven't found the answer I am seeking. Has anyone used a GoPro camera attached to the bike's handle bars to record your Camino experience? If so which GoPro did you use, i.e. did you have the LCD playback version? What were the pros and the cons of using a video camera while cycling? Thanks for your input

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Not on abike but walking...you have seen my vids,recorded with the Gopro Hero 4.

I bought a device on my bike but the brake-cables were hindering the view of the camera.
On my caminho I used a "self made" chest harnas. Works fine
The camera view is higher than the bracket on the handlebar

Self mdae harnas ? If you buy a Gopro in the box the camera is mounted on a plastic mountingplate. Make some slots in the plate. Some straps en velcro and there you go. If you want I can try to find the YouTube link where we found it.
Or I make some pictures of the harnas. Worked fine

I left the camera in the skeleton housing to protect againt dust and moisure. Sound was okay.

Bom caminho

Albertinho: Once again I am in your debt. Thank you. I am sending you a PM requesting a copy of the picture of your chest harness. BTW, did you also receive my request for the music link you used in your videos?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum