• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Vila do Conde to Rates

Guemes

Time of past OR future Camino
None
I’m wondering if anyone has directions on the alternate route out of Vila do Conde to Rates that does not involve the dangerous road walking?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Just did that section two days ago - followed the sign posted and Wise app way - the road part was not that bad. There is not much traffic (left at 6 am) and just switched back and forth from left to right side depending on what side had the sharp turn - I think the yellow guide book in German has another way we met two people that did it but we met up later and they said their way also had road walking.

Just did that section two days ago - followed the sign posted and Wise app way - the road part was not that bad. There is not much traffic (left at 6 am) and just switched back and forth from left to right side depending on what side had the sharp turn - I think the yellow guide book in German has another way we met two people that did it but we met up later and they said their way also had road walking.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I’m wondering if anyone has directions on the alternate route out of Vila do Conde to Rates that does not involve the dangerous road walking?
I just walked it a few weeks ago. I didnt see it as dangreous at all.

I don't remember it as particularly dangerous, either. Perhaps it depends on time of day/day of week and I wasn't walking through the dangerous parts at rush hour.

I walked it in early May. Although I did not find it particularly dangerous, I did not really enjoy that stretch. Mostly uninteresting scenery and towns, and the cars zoomed by with their tires making roaring noises on the cobbles as they raced past. The rest of the walk greatly improved, however.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum