• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Visiting Castillo de los Templarios in Ponferrada

Travel Diva

Is this castle open during the day - We will be staying at Molinaseca the night before and if we walk to Ponferrada will it be open? Not everyday you get a chance to see a magnificent 12th century Templar Castle in tact and what are our chances to see it? I found generally things are closed during the day or closes for the afternoon but I don't want to miss the chance to see it. Can you carry you pack inside, is there a place to leave your pack for an hour to visit this castle? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks so much, looks like I am in luck they are open at 11am.. which is perfect. we can walk the 7km to Pontferrada and take an early lunch break and then head on our way.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum