• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Walking the Camino Portuguese in November - what to Expect?

tominrm

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi, everyone,
I usually walked in the spring, but the last year, 2022, I had to walk in November. The weather was not an issue for me, but closure of albergues, services, and backpack delivery were. I walked from Sarria and realized things are not the same as the spring.
This year I am contemplating to walk from Porto to Santiago de Compostela from November 8 or 9.
Will there be enough albergues open in November and backpack services along the route?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
There was another thread discussing this topic recently with varying "opinions" about what is open and what is not. My 2 cents, is more places will be closed than open, especially if you are doing the coastal. These places are beach resort town which live off of the summer trade. Regarding the weather, I would expect any early winter storm that has crossed the North Atlantic from the US and Canada will have a dramatic impact on your weather conditions with high surfs, steady downpours and frigid temperatures.

Regarding the weather, I would expect any early winter storm that has crossed the North Atlantic from the US and Canada will have a dramatic impact on your weather conditions with high surfs, steady downpours and frigid temperatures.
I will be walking around that time also this year. If you are right about the storms I am going to pick you up and fly us both to Vegas!!!!
I remember that thread and I checked in Gronze. The municipal albergues and some others show that they are open all year according to Gronze. But can we predict if Gronze will be right??? haha

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am always ready for a trip to parts unknown. Vegas? No, no, that's not me, thanks for the offer. I am just a creature of watching storm patterns; that's all and here come
el Nino 2023/24.
l

Thank you for your input. I now wonder if I should wait until 2024.

Most read last week in this forum