• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Walking the Camino Portuguese in November - what to Expect?

tominrm

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi, everyone,
I usually walked in the spring, but the last year, 2022, I had to walk in November. The weather was not an issue for me, but closure of albergues, services, and backpack delivery were. I walked from Sarria and realized things are not the same as the spring.
This year I am contemplating to walk from Porto to Santiago de Compostela from November 8 or 9.
Will there be enough albergues open in November and backpack services along the route?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There was another thread discussing this topic recently with varying "opinions" about what is open and what is not. My 2 cents, is more places will be closed than open, especially if you are doing the coastal. These places are beach resort town which live off of the summer trade. Regarding the weather, I would expect any early winter storm that has crossed the North Atlantic from the US and Canada will have a dramatic impact on your weather conditions with high surfs, steady downpours and frigid temperatures.

Regarding the weather, I would expect any early winter storm that has crossed the North Atlantic from the US and Canada will have a dramatic impact on your weather conditions with high surfs, steady downpours and frigid temperatures.
I will be walking around that time also this year. If you are right about the storms I am going to pick you up and fly us both to Vegas!!!! ;)
I remember that thread and I checked in Gronze. The municipal albergues and some others show that they are open all year according to Gronze. But can we predict if Gronze will be right??? haha

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I am always ready for a trip to parts unknown. Vegas? No, no, that's not me, thanks for the offer. I am just a creature of watching storm patterns; that's all and here come
el Nino 2023/24.
l

There was another thread discussing this topic recently with varying "opinions" about what is open and what is not. My 2 cents, is more places will be closed than open, especially if you are doing the coastal. These places are beach resort town which live off of the summer trade. Regarding the weather, I would expect any early winter storm that has crossed the North Atlantic from the US and Canada will have a dramatic impact on your weather conditions with high surfs, steady downpours and frigid temperatures.
Thank you for your input. I now wonder if I should wait until 2024.

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...
Will be doing hopefully my first of many Camino journeys leaving out of Porto December 29. From what I can tell, highs in 50’s to 60’s F and possibly some but not a lot of moisture with no snow...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
What a wonderful day walking by the sea! My backpack felt good, my dry bag with poncho strategically clipped to the outside was handy! My first stop was in a bakery cafe near the mouth of the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back