• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Weather in July?

AnnaMaria

Hello,

I was planning to start the camino in Sarria, on the 18th of July but suddenly I'm wondering: won't it be too hot in July?

I'm not an experienced walker (but maybe I will by then as I will do some practice) so I'm planning to do maximum of 20 km's a day. I'm also planning to leave early in the morning and stop in the afternoon, but still I'm wondering if it's a good idea, maybe I will better go in September?

AnnaMaria

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
july weather

AnnaMaria: I've walked all or part of the camino 5 times during the month of July. It is hot but don't let that stop you. It's bearable. If it gets too hot just stop earlier on that particular day.

I've never walked the camino in September so I can't talk from experience about what its like at that time of year.

Peace

Most read last week in this forum