• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Weather in June at the Camino Frances

JayPR

Time of past OR future Camino
June 2016
Greetings, I will be walking EL Camino Frances starting June 6, 2016. I am not sure on what to pack for inclement weather, I don't want to overpack. I have a good gore tex hardshell jacket for rain/wind breaker; do I need more layers of clothing? How cold can it get at the Pyrinees? Thank you,

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Start checking the 10 day forecasts every day before you leave, there are many of them and check for Ronsevalles, Pamplona and little far down the route. This time of the year there is no clear pattern and it changes quickly. I always tell friends if you watch the North American weather pattern add a few day for it ot pass across the Atlantic that's what you might encounter in Navarre. Good example would be this latest cold spell in the NE, it will be cold in NW Spain late this week.
June is normal nice and your layers might not require something that heavy. Rain is always possible but I layer with a t-shirt, light weight long sleeve sweat shirt early in the morning and use a poncho in the rain.
Others will give all kinds of advice. So pick your own poison.

Thanks for the advice!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum