• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Weather Information along the Camino

Mike_Vander

Is there a central location where I can access weather data along the camino route? Does Spain have an agency like the National Weather Service or National Public Radio that I can get weather data on AM or Short wave? I would not like to run into some bad weather in the higher elevations without some weather data. I will not be bringing my snowshoes with me!

Thanks,

Mike

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am planning to walk the Camino in October 09. Can anyone give me some idea of the weather I might expect in October?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I looked at that but I was more interested in some anecdotal comments from people who have walked the camino in October.

ajp said:
I looked at that but I was more interested in some anecdotal comments from people who have walked the camino in October.

It can depend on if it's raining or not. It can be cold on mountains. Yo can meet some snow or not at early november.

It's not easy to choose the right clothes on october.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

ajp said:
I am planning to walk the Camino in October 09. Can anyone give me some idea of the weather I might expect in October?

I checked out the web sites some of you suggested and they were helpful, but again, anyone who has walked the Camino in October in the last couple of years and can give me some insight into how they found the daytime and nightime temperatures and rain fall would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
For iPhone or iPad users there are two great apps available from iTunes.
"Weather+" and "eWeather HD" both give forecasts up to a week ahead for any major town you select.

Most read last week in this forum