• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Whaddayamean I'm grumpy?

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CFx2, CPx1
"Well", said my son, "You are a grumpy B sometimes. You've now got two tin hips and a crook back. On a longish Camino I reckon that guarantees grumpiness. It would be best not to spoil other folks enjoyment of their Camino".
Being a good mate of mine and having travelled extensively together over the years I've learned to heed his advice.
I know! I'll start by trying to create a good first impression.
I'll smile, and say “Hola!”
I'll need to practice that.
So I off to the bathroom mirror, smile...and say “Hola!”
It's not a pretty sight.
There doesn't appear to be any significant improvement.
On the contrary......

I'd appreciate any advice.

Gerard

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
just keep pracitcing...

and if all else fails stay away from other pilgrims :lol:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The problem clearly is that you are saying "Hola" sober. Pack your rucksack with 7kgs, go and walk in the sun all day and when you get back, still with your rucksack on, go into a bar and order several cold beers - we promise you they will taste like nectar and have the desired effect on your mood.

Let us know how you get on.

I'm with John on this one. I've always got a few beers inside me early doors to ensure fluency in whichever language I choose to speak. Spanish is a doddle - just add 'o' or 'a' to the end of a word (you can choose which sounds right). Serbo-Croat is more tricky so you might need another beer for that.

Buen Camino!

julie said:
Hi Gerard

Perhaps you could try putting your teeth in before you smile

I read this before chuckling my way to bed last night. I woke up still smiling this morning! Must be something about the DownUnder humour.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum