• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

What about Sangria?

dreemr

I thought Spain was the birthplace of Sangria, but I see no mention of it.
I was counting on getting my daily requirements of fruit by drinking it but am I to be dissapointed as well as malnourished by not finding it available? What am I to do?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Make your own! You might find cartons of it in supermarkets but that's rubbish. Buen Camino!

You'll find plenty of sangria dont worry, just ask for it!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sangria esta del Sur: it´s from the south: It´s something you will find in Andalucia, Murcia, Badajoz, but it´s not a drink from the north. On the other hand, the wines in the north are wonderful: La Rioja of course, but the wines from Navarra are just as good and cheaper. If you are on the Ruta de la Plata from Sevilla do try the wines from Badajoz which are ridiculously cheap and have their own uniqueness. Personally, in Galicia I like the (red) Mencias of El Bierzo and Galicia, and as a Philistine still prefer the Ribeiras of Galcia to the much more expensive Albariños...(Well except the really good ones...)
You can always ask for a Tinto de Verano: red wine with Casera, a carbonated (and much sacharined) soda. Una clara is similar but with beer...

Well...I was planning on doing the Ingles, but if Sangria is more popular in the south I might have to change my plans.
Of course I could bring my own.
Does anybody know how much a good box of Sangria weighs?

Dreemr...you want Sangria? Here we make Sangria, if that´s what you want. I lived in Granada, Malaga and Marbella for 16 years! ("Boxed Sangria.....??? Por Dios!) On the other hand, once you try the undiluted and wonderful wines of Galicia you might change your mind.
Better for your blood pressuire too...
Do the Camino Ingles and learn these words:
"(Me puede da) Una copa de Mencia, por favor." Gracias (or graciñas if you wanna sound Galego)
"Una copa de albariño bien fria por favor." That´ll getcha the cold stuff.
Buen Camino and come to The little Fox House for peanut butter sandwiches and good tea!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
You might find cartons of it in supermarkets but that's rubbish.
That was way harsh, Tai.

For 62 cents each, I brought home a box of wine and a box of sangria that were the family favorites! Cheap and delicious are not mutually exclusive. :mrgreen:

I don't know what's going on with the quotes, because I'm not called Tai, and you're not mrgreen, unless we've changed our names or I'm going mad.

I think we're both thinking about the kind of 'Don Simon' brand of cartoned wine, sangria etc which is good for cooking or making trifle but not great for drinking. My guts are still reeling from my student days in Valencia 20 years ago. It wasn't all Don Simon's fault though. San Miguel also has a lot to answer for.

Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum