• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

When is the beginning of "Camino Season"

jrm

Hello all,

I know that the Camino can be hiked year-round. However, what is the earliest one can walk when all the albergues are open and all the support sytems are in place?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I walked in early March through mid April of this year. I only found a handful of albergues that hadn't opened.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Great. Thanks! We're thinking of perhaps a May Camino. Might it be very crowded then?

yes, May is crowded. So is September.
The "season" is becoming longer and longer. But if you want to have everything open, wait til Holy Week.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I'd vote for April, my favorite Camino month. Reasonable weather, most albergues open.
If you want a a quieter experience, even some moments of solitude, try other Caminos. The Frances is an option, not a duty.

Most read last week in this forum