This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Where to buy a map in Portugal?

slippy

Nov 27, 2010
Hello, this year I made my parents to take the Portugal way. Since it is quite complicated to get a map of it in Czech Republic I would prefere them to buy it in Porto. Do you know whether it is possible? Next thing that would help me a lot is a list of all accomodation provided there.

Thank you very much!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Albertinho

Veteran Member
Jan 4, 2013
The Netherlands
Time of past OR future Camino
Pilgrims Office Volunteer
Simply follow the yellow arrows. They lead you all away to Santiago

Every twenty kilometers or less you'll find albergues ,hostals, hotels.

On Amazon.com for example you can buy John Brierley's guide Camino Portuges on line with information and maps about this wonderful camino.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Urban Trekker

Happy Trails
Jan 15, 2013
Nevada, USA
English Camino (2013)
Portuguese Camino (2014)
French Camino (2016)
Way of Saint Francis April 2017
I can't speak to Amazon over there but here, beware, don't buy a used guide, it could be years out of date. I bought one for a tour of Europe. It had information on Franks, Gilders, Lira, Marks, etc. and border crossings.

Reactions: Albertinho

Albertinho

Veteran Member
Jan 4, 2013
The Netherlands
Pilgrims Office Volunteer
I can't speak to Amazon over there but here, beware, don't buy a used guide, it could be years out of date. I bought one for a tour of Europe. It had information on Franks, Gilders, Lira, Marks, etc. and border crossings.
Thanks @Urban Trekker. I allways buy new books on line,preventing the problem you mention.
And ha ha after 14 years there are still people who convert the € into their ancient currency like German marks, Dutch guilders, Belgian and French francs and Spanish pesetas.
And the borders still exist .Europe still is divided in different countries .wishfull thinking that one time it will be one state ! A complicated political matter.
One of the few things the European Union agreed is upon the text on the label inside cloth !
So united Europe is far away I am afraid and you still have an actual book

Last edited:

Urban Trekker

Happy Trails
Jan 15, 2013
Nevada, USA
English Camino (2013)
Portuguese Camino (2014)
French Camino (2016)
Way of Saint Francis April 2017
Funny! Yes there are still borders but no armed border police. No customs checks. And yes I still have the book. With the exception of the Money and borders it was and still is a good reference source. Its for people who want to RV through Europe.

Reactions: Albertinho
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum