• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pharmacies in Portugal--where they are

Friend from Barquinha

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
None yet; perhaps the Portugese (2021?)
When responding to another thread, I came across this link.

Looks like a useful one for everyone! You can choose your district, anywhere in Portugal (for example, Santarem in our area), and "drill down" through the website to the concelho (municipality) where you are, to find pharmacies within that municipality. Which town they are in (and there generally are at least a few, per municipality), is listed with the address of the pharmacy. It also includes Google mapping showing the exact location of the farmácia (pharmacy) and its hours open.

As an example, in our concelho, Vila Nova da Barquinha, which includes several towns including the main one, named VNdB just to be confusing, there are three farmácias, one in VNdB (town) itself; one in Atalaia, north of VNdB; and one in Praia de Ribatejo, further east and not on the caminho. All three's full information is listed on this website.

A useful site, indeed! I'm going to bookmark it myself ;)

I hope this is helpful to all. It's in Portuguese, but fairly easy to navigate.

Bom caminho e bom saude! (Good health)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just to state the obvious, in Spain, Portugal and Europe in general, just look for the green crosses. Every pharmacy has one brightly lit outside the business. Plus for us mono-language English speakers, most pharmacies have someone there that speaks our language.

Most read last week in this forum

I have a new copy of the guide to Camino Portuguese by Kat (I think) XX. My question is: is there anyone who is going to Lisbon/ Porto who could pop it in the Albergue municipal/ or use it and...
Barcelos was having a huge May 1 celebration when we passed through. There was a major unveiling of a sculpture titled Peregrina the following day—very big event. We weren’t there, so I lifted a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back