• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Where to buy a staff in SJPdP?

KevUK

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2023
I plan to buy a staff in SJPP. Does anyone know a a good outlet tat will be open in the evening.. 8-9pm … if not a time they open early morning

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Here are 2 possibilities.
You might telephone and ask directly.

Below is the Boutique du Pelerin web which shows their address and number.
www.boutique-du-pelerin.com

Another place to check is
MAYA SPORT
18 Avenue du Jai Alai, 64220 Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port
05 59 37 15 98

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm not sure about hiking staffs, but I agree with the suggestion for The Boutique du Pèlerin. A small shop with a great selection of Camino specific items.
A Google search of their name should give you their web-page.
They are my 'go-to' place for the hiking poles & pocket knife that won't clear carry-on regulations at airport security.

Very friendly people. (All of the folks at Boutique du Pèlerin and about 98% of the airport security staff that I've met) : )

You'll see them in barrels all along the street. Not sure what time the shops close though.

I think the Pilgrims' Shop (Pèlerin) opening hours are 7am - 7.30pm.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A picture of poles from the pilgrim shop, prices range from 11 euro for one to 100+ euros for fancy Leki ones. I found that the decathlon ones are the same price and quality at the low end so no need to buy ahead if you’re in a rush.

Most read last week in this forum