• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

While You Are There

johnBCCanada

Hi

I just came back a couple of weeks ago and wanted to mention some places I thought were quite special. I am from western Canada and quite possibly won't get back to Spain so I wanted to be sure to see more of it than the trail immediately in front of my feet.

I went off the Camino a couple of kilometres and visited the church at Vilar de Donas. We were quite lucky as we arrived just as it was opened for the day and there was someone there who was happy to explain it to us. I was amazed at the frescoes (if that is the correct term) that were painted in the late 14th century/early 15th century and were being uncovered now.

When I got to Santiago I had some time to relax before my flight and took the tour of the cathedral which was quite interesting and quite actually fun when we were wandering around and over the roof of the cathedral.

John

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum