• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Why Do Adventure Snobs Hate The Camino De Santiago?

When I did the Camino last year I met a couple from Alaska one evening. The husband very proudly told me that when they went out in the wilds back home, they had to take everything with them. No shops or refuges. So by comparison, the camino was 'just a hike.' I asked them how they got on with the 30km/hr headwinds and driving rain and sleet we had had for three days as we crossed the meseta. His wife replied, 'Oh, we took the bus. We have that weather at home.' Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho....

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
They are pitiful haters on an adventure OR adventurers who are hate-filled. Neither of which have to do with Camino. The "adventure" is in ones heart and not in the elements, struggles or challenge. One may be "called" to it and possibly they cannot hear it--because of the "hate" is drowning out the sound. As was already to said - nothing for them to see here.

Last edited:
They are pitiful haters on an adventure OR adventurers who are hate-filled. Neither of which have to do with Camino.
Pitiful haters? Hate-filled adventurers?

I’m not a native English speaker and I acquired much of my English vocabulary a long time ago. I’m a casual observer of current affairs in a few countries so I am aware that the term “the haters“ has become a frequently used term in public discourse in one English speaking country. That would not be a reason for me to integrate it in my own vocabulary to describe people who simply dislike Camino walking for themselves and dare to say so on the internet.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

That's a bit strong isn't it ?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Ya know what. YOU'RE RIGHT! I saw the word "hate" and my ire went up. I just read the article and the article itself doesn't use the word. It is the reference to the article using the word hate. I stand corrected. Hate is such a strong word and I guess...well 'nuff said

I wish that the sombrero was in fashion in Spain. I suffer when I see little children in summer under the sun without hat.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I wish that the sombrero was in fashion in Spain. I suffer when I see little children in summer under the sun without hat.

Having been a child in Catalonia for a little over a year ¡Que calor! , I can honestly report that it didn't bother us in the slightest -- but the Spaniards use something other than the sombrero against the Sun ; they call it a siesta.

Most read last week in this forum