• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Your Favorite Easter Movies

• Thread starter Deleted member 67185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67185

I enjoy many of the standard televised movies during the Easter Weekend: Ben Hur, The Robe, The Ten Commandments, etc..

However, the one movie we make sure to watch each year, which really isn't related to Easter, is "Lilies of the Field", starring a young Sidney Poitier in one of his first movie roles.

This clip is a bit blurry for some reason:

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
There's a lovely scene where Poitier is trying to teach the German nuns some English:

Rubbing his hand on his forearm: "My skin is black"

Half a dozen (white) German nuns rub their forearms: "My skin is black!"

From what I understand a delightful person as well as a great actor.

The Ten Commandments is a favorite of mine.

I used to love watching the Easter Parade; but it stopped airing years ago.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
"Ten Commandments," "Greatest Story Ever Told" and "The Agony and the Ecstasy" . Oh, and "Sound of Music"

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Way back when in frontier America didn't they broadcast The Wizard of Oz on TV around Easter?
I think all these great old movies we no longer see on regular TV must have been bought up by folks like Ted Turner so are no longer free. Having said that, I see "Ten Commandments" just started on ABC....

I think all these great old movies we no longer see on regular TV must have been bought up by folks like Ted Turner so are no longer free. Having said that, I see "Ten Commandments" just started on ABC....
It is the Passion for me. I watched it four times before it clicked. " Behold I do a new thing" Blessed Easter to all.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum