25 July 2022

May 3, 2012
Fredericksburg VA USA
Time of past OR future Camino
First one in 1977 by train. Many since then by foot. Next one ASAP.
I'm looking at several 7-10-day walk possibilities next summer, one of which would get me into SdeC in time for St. James' Day.... Now, over the years I've been fortunate enough to enjoy several fine Spanish festivals -- the Tres Burgos in Pamplona and the San Mateo in Logrono come to mind.... But none of them are likely to rival 25 July in SdeC! What might I expect?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
F

Former member 91017

I'm looking at several 7-10-day walk possibilities next summer, one of which would get me into SdeC in time for St. James' Day.... Now, over the years I've been fortunate enough to enjoy several fine Spanish festivals -- the Tres Burgos in Pamplona and the San Mateo in Logrono come to mind.... But none of them are likely to rival 25 July in SdeC! What might I expect?
Read Michener's final chapter in Iberia, and his chapter on being in Seville for the Semana Santa. The lovely thing about tradition is that while it may morph, the basic contours will remain the same. And as @trecile has noted: reserve now.

Reactions: MaryLynn
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Scott Sweeney

Veteran Member
Jun 19, 2014
Fredericksburg, Va.
I'm looking at several 7-10-day walk possibilities next summer, one of which would get me into SdeC in time for St. James' Day.... Now, over the years I've been fortunate enough to enjoy several fine Spanish festivals -- the Tres Burgos in Pamplona and the San Mateo in Logrono come to mind.... But none of them are likely to rival 25 Ju

Larger crowds, summer heat and luckily a safer walk.

natefaith

Veteran Member
Aug 25, 2011
Santiago de Compostela, Spain
pilgrimhousesantiago.com
2009, 2014, 2017
Just FYI, July 25 is very quiet even though it's the actual holiday. It's July 24th that's the big celebration day, with fireworks and normally a light show in Praza do Obradoiro. So I would plan to arrive by the 24th if not before! :)

Caminogoat

Apr 5, 2019
USA
CF, El Norte x 4, Primitivo, Porto, Madrid, Ingles
I agree. Everyone in Spain was expecting a huge crowd next year after the lockdown, and especially 2022 being a Holly Year, which was extended from 2021. From what I hear, this extension has been granted only twice in the last 800 years: once due to the Spanish Civil War and the second time due to COVID.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Im planning a November Frances Camino. I have an Altus rain coat that covers me and pack nicely but I’m wondering do I get a backpack cover and wear a hooded shell light jacket over heavier...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Hi everyone! I'm planning to start on the Camino de Francés, then from Léon I will walk the Camino San Salvador, then the Camino Primitivo and maybe if I have time the Camino de Fisterra. My...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.