Biarritz Airport to San Sebastian

stevepjq

Dec 31, 2021
New Jersey, US
Time of past OR future Camino
CF - 2013, 2017, 2022. Next is Sept 2024
I'm planning my 2023 Camino. I finished my latest Camino from SJPP to Santiago earlier this year. I flew into Biarritz Airport and then arranged a transfer to SJPP through Express Bouricot. They were great and the transfer cost me 19 euro.
Next year, I will also likely fly into Biarritz (as it is the most convenient and cheapest alternative). Can anyone tell me what the best (and perhaps most efficient) option to get from the airport to San Sebastian. I have received conflicting information on the web relative to cost of car service and availability of buses so I thought I would ask those that may know best.
many thanks!!

Reactions: daleb
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

SabsP

Veteran Member
Feb 18, 2010
Belgium
some and then more. see my signature.
Try searching Biarritz to Hendaye, then walk across the bridge to Irun and bus or train to San Sebastián. Few local transport services cross international borders

Alsa does.Biarritz to San Sebastian. 7 € .
One hour drive.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Rick M

Veteran Member
Dec 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
April ('16,'18, '19, 22)
Sept ('21, '23)
I've done it two different ways, they both work. Method 1 was a Flixbus that leaves from the Biarritz airport, and goes into San Sebastion directly. Method 2 is a train to Hendaye, then walk across the street to the Feve station (An LRT service) that goes into San Sebastion. The bus is a bit easier, because you don't have to get to the train station or change.

Doghound

Feb 21, 2017
Future
I'm planning my 2023 Camino. I finished my latest Camino from SJPP to Santiago earlier this year. I flew into Biarritz Airport and then arranged a transfer to SJPP through Express Bouricot. They were great and the transfer cost me 19 euro.
Next year, I will also likely fly into Biarritz (as it is the most convenient and cheapest alternative). Can anyone tell me what the best (and perhaps most efficient) option to get from the airport to San Sebastian. I have received conflicting information on the web relative to cost of car service and availability of buses so I thought I would ask those that may know best.
many thanks!!
As many have said the Alsa bus from Biarritz to San Sebastián is regular and reliable. You can book using their app and even reserve seats and electronic tickets. I have used Alsa from Pamplona and Burgos and can’t fault them. Most routes back to Biarritz route through San Sebastián.
Don’t worry, it’s cheap and reliable.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, I have read all the threads on this topic and seen multiple replies. Some are positive others seem to be vague. Ok travel if this route what cities offer the best cultural...
We are here in Irun, staying at Hotel Alcazar. Where do we start the Camino?
Hi, I am embarking on my first camino tomorrow and have been searching for some albergues to stay in. I will be doing the Camino del Norte and will be starting in Gijon. I am looking in Muros de...
Dear pilgrim companions. We are currently cycling the CDN, battery free, and will soon arrive in Gijon. We have arranged to spend the arrival night here then catch train/bus to Oviedo for 2 nights...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides