Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bill Beahen's blog on the Via de la Plata Sept - Oct 2010

billbeahen

Jan 28, 2009
I walked the Camino Frances in May 2008. This was a very significant event in my life and I have decided to return to Spain this month to walk the Via de la Plata route.

This year, instead of sharing my travel musings with friends via email, I have decided to get with the times and maintain a travel blog to share stories and updates. Here is the URL:

http://billscamino.wordpress.com/

If you’re interested, the blog has a great feature where you can subscribe for automatic updates. This means every time I blog you will receive a notification in your email inbox. On my blog, you just have to enter your email address where it says “Email Subscription” on the right hand side and hit the button – “Sign me up.” You will then receive a confirmation email to your account, follow the instructions and you will be signed up to receive the updates. Otherwise, just mark down the URL and check it out whenever you want.

Bill Beahen
Ottawa, Ontario

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

RestlessRose

Jul 29, 2009
Hi Bill

I hope to walk vdlp next year, but for now, I am merely whetting my appetite, following all who had walked it/will be walking it. So, if you do not mind, I will be following you on your journey via your blog, avidly :D

Safe journey. Buen camino
Rebecca

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Mar 19, 2006
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
Buen camino, Bill, and thanks for sharing your blog with us. I'll be following your journey with great interest.

lynne

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

CaroleH

Feb 20, 2009
Illawarra, Australia
VdlP 2006, Portugues 2007;Madrid 2009, Finisterre 2009; Sur and VdlP 2011,2013; Manchego and Madrid 2014; VdlP (parts) 2016; Hospitalero plan 2017.
Good luck Bill, hope the weather is kind to you. Will be following along in spirit, love the VdlP and can't wait till we are back on it next year.

Remember you are never alone on camino. :arrow: :D
Carole

ria

Sep 9, 2010
Hi Bill,
I read that you are starting on September 11. I will start tomorrow (september 10) from Seville, so maybe will meet you somewhere :). I also have a weblog, but it´s in dutch...
riacamino.blogspot.com
Hasta luego,
ria

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

muppet

Mar 26, 2010
Hoi Ria,

I leave today for Seville from Weeze (ik ben ook nederlands!) at 5pm and will be staying in Hotel Simon (same place as Bill) tonight and tomorrow and probably start walking on the 11th. C u on the route I´m sure :)

ria

Sep 9, 2010
Hey Muppet,
Wow, this is getting a bit weird, because i am also staying in hotel... Simon! :)
Read some of your posts, and this is also my 3rd-4th camino this year. (norte-primitivo, portugues, inglés from coruña - well actually i did that in 2 days, so doesn´t count as a camino he? - and now plata). it is quite hot here, isn´t it?
Look forward to meeting you one of these days :)
ria

muppet

Mar 26, 2010
Hi Ria,

Read your post and have sent you an email in this forum. Ive already had a good chat to Bill this evening. its verrrrrrrrry hot here...gulp....walking in this heat is going to be fun! Definitely need lots of water!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Sagalouts

RIP 2015
Apr 23, 2008
Thanks for the blog link Bill,will also be reading.
I start the Via de la Plata this Tuesday the 14th walking on the 15th hoping to catch up with you all at some point, also will be great to have some trailblazers in front of me leaving lots of information for this Englishman bringing up the rear.I also will be writing on my blog the link is below.
take care all
Ian

Alexandra

Jan 1, 2009
Perth
2019 Porto to Santiago.
Hello to all who are walking the VDLP at this time. I will be eagerly reading your reports as I hope to walk from Seville or Granada to Santiago this time next year. I'm quite apprehensive about the hot weather so am keen to learn from you.
Take care and carry lots of water ! Thanks for your blogs.
Sandra.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

peregrina2000

Staff member
Mar 6, 2006
Champaign, Illinois, USA
Looks like a critical mass of forum members is forming in Sevilla. I wish you all a wonderful Vdlp, and eagerly await installments "live from the camino."

I especially look forward to hearing how you cope with the heat and the words of wisdom you can pass on to those of us who have never walked in such high temperatures. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

Buen camino a todos, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

My first walking day will be on Tuesday, but because I am now still in the possession of my laptop I thought it would be handy to start this thread already. I landed on Asturias airport on...
Something I came across earlier today which sounded interesting. The Ourense local council and a public service organisation are running a project where local people can walk from Ourense to...
Usually reliable Rome2Rio website doesn't show a bus route which runs close to the Oseira monastery, but Google maps shows a bus icon there. Does anyone know whether there is or is not bus service...
In case it’s helpful for those who are looking to start their Sanabres walk from Granja de Moruela: Last week, when I reached Granja de Moruela while walking the via de la plata, I continued...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides