Blankets

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
A selection of Camino Jewellery

HeyRobin

Feb 14, 2022
Hawaii
www.youtube.com
Time of past OR future Camino
2021 CF
2022 Madrid, Portuguese
2023 VDLP
Yes, to clarify the municipal albergues, the regular albergues, the pensions, and of course the hotels I stayed at all had blankets. In fact, in one of the municipal albergues I stayed at, I asked for a second blanket and was shown where the closet was and told to help myself. I ended up never using the synthetic hiking quilt I brought with me. Also, I just returned from two weeks on the VDLP and did not bring any sort of sleep system and I did fine. Again I stayed at a range of places from the municipal albergues to hotels and everything in between.

I walked the camino a couple more times and it was on the first, my walk on the french route where I used my own sleep system because all the blankets had been taken away in response to the pandemic. Now the blankets are back and those disposable bed coverings are gone.

Good luck in packing! Buen Camino! Robin

Nov 1, 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
Frances/Portuguese/Ingles/Sanabre/Frances/Fineste
Has anyone been on the Portuguese coastal recently and were there blankets in the Albergues? I'm traveling on Ryanair and got to keep backpack size down so only taking a liner🥶
Be prepared, you’re on the coast. Blankets were pre Covid , because cleaning is expensive they probably won’t return.

Reactions: Ali@59
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
May 2, 2022
Chicago
May 2022
I’m on the Portuguese central right now and the two albergues I’ve stayed in have blankets… and most of the pilgrims here needed them! It has been cold at night and the albergues I’ve stayed in have not been heated. Albergue mosteiro Vairao is quite drafty and O Paluco in Pedra Furada has thick stone walls that retain the chill. That will be welcome in a few months. (this latter albergue is impeccably clean).

Reactions: Ali@59

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Im planning a November Frances Camino. I have an Altus rain coat that covers me and pack nicely but I’m wondering do I get a backpack cover and wear a hooded shell light jacket over heavier...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Hi everyone! I'm planning to start on the Camino de Francés, then from Léon I will walk the Camino San Salvador, then the Camino Primitivo and maybe if I have time the Camino de Fisterra. My...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides