Count down! 28 "sleeps", then Spain!

MARSKA

Veteran Member
Mar 26, 2023
USA
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct 2023
Just wanted to post cuz I am SO excited! I am very glad I have had time to prepare - just 28 "sleeps" until I get on the plane to Spain and it's already been a life-changing experience. Before I decided to become a pilgrim in March 2023, I was uncharacteristically sedate, uninvolved, and... well... stale. Moldy even.

Thanks to the Camino and all of YOU (and the support of my wonderful husband & children) - I've refreshed (am refreshing) my Spanish and really enjoying the online classes ! I joined the nearby gym (essential during this over 100 degree F summer), revisited my love of yoga via 3 classes/week, and revisited my loathing of treadmills and overly enthusiastic trainers. On cooler days I have on my walks explored new areas and pushed my physical limits. I am up early to try to catch a cool(er) time to walk (start by 5:30am) and in doing so have met several "regular" early morning walkers that frequent my walk space.

I have met Pilgrims who live in my city, and even a peregrina who lives just around the corner (like 2 blocks!!!!!) from me. Who wudda thunk?

What's left to do? Well let me tell ya ...... a bit but it WILL get done, And if not, I figure it out on the fly.

I feel more happy, healthy and confident than I have felt in awhile. Namaste.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

thejoker

Official Blister Popper
Nov 9, 2019
Global citizen
Many
Great to hear from you, Marska. I've just arrived in SdC and it was mostly a wonderful Camino (apart from getting Covid for some days on the Meseta and realizing I was way less fit than I thought over the first 3 weeks).
Just really try to get as much walking in as possible before you get here as it will really help you.

• Thank you
Reactions: MARSKA
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

LibbyM

Jul 23, 2023
Rhode Island, USA
September 2023
Just wanted to post cuz I am SO excited! I am very glad I have had time to prepare - just 28 "sleeps" until I get on the plane to Spain and it's already been a life-changing experience. Before I decided to become a pilgrim in March 2023, I was uncharacteristically sedate, uninvolved, and... well... stale. Moldy even.

Thanks to the Camino and all of YOU (and the support of my wonderful husband & children) - I've refreshed (am refreshing) my Spanish and really enjoying the online classes ! I joined the nearby gym (essential during this over 100 degree F summer), revisited my love of yoga via 3 classes/week, and revisited my loathing of treadmills and overly enthusiastic trainers. On cooler days I have on my walks explored new areas and pushed my physical limits. I am up early to try to catch a cool(er) time to walk (start by 5:30am) and in doing so have met several "regular" early morning walkers that frequent my walk space.

I have met Pilgrims who live in my city, and even a peregrina who lives just around the corner (like 2 blocks!!!!!) from me. Who wudda thunk?

What's left to do? Well let me tell ya ...... a bit but it WILL get done, And if not, I figure it out on the fly.

I feel more happy, healthy and confident than I have felt in awhile. Namaste.
Buen Camino, peregrina.

According to the beloved poet, Antonio Machado, el camino se hace al andar.

You made me chuckle. I have 24 sleeps 'til I depart.

• Thank you
Reactions: MARSKA and Flory
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Im planning a November Frances Camino. I have an Altus rain coat that covers me and pack nicely but I’m wondering do I get a backpack cover and wear a hooded shell light jacket over heavier...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Hi everyone! I'm planning to start on the Camino de Francés, then from Léon I will walk the Camino San Salvador, then the Camino Primitivo and maybe if I have time the Camino de Fisterra. My...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.