Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Pre-Camino day in Bilbao

Oct 15, 2022
USA
Time of past OR future Camino
2023: a bit of CF, then San Salvador & Primitivo
I will start walking tomorrow from Logroño but I flew into Bilbao yesterday where I saw plenty of symbols of Santiago, traditional music buskers, and my sidra came with a good message.

Attachments

• 9D6FAF90-DFF1-4164-BBE0-E2CD5FF1F5D4.jpeg
    9D6FAF90-DFF1-4164-BBE0-E2CD5FF1F5D4.jpeg
    53.7 KB · Views: 69
  • B0083D6F-6C1C-4C68-982D-20C43A05EB6F.jpeg
    B0083D6F-6C1C-4C68-982D-20C43A05EB6F.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 43
  • F9AC40CA-2A33-4529-834F-4C3C12BD2364.jpeg
    F9AC40CA-2A33-4529-834F-4C3C12BD2364.jpeg
    25 KB · Views: 42
  • E7B304DB-5D0A-4BF6-8FE6-B999A909E284.jpeg
    E7B304DB-5D0A-4BF6-8FE6-B999A909E284.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 43
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

CarolamS

Jul 1, 2019
Exmouth, southwest UK
2024 VdlP/Sanabres from Salamanca to SdC
Buen Camino. I really enjoyed starting the Camino Frances from Logrono. The bus ride from Bilbao was nice too, seeing the countryside as we went. I'm glad that Bilbao welcomed you. Rioja is a beautiful landscape to walk through and get you into the Pilgrim experience. I couldn't find a sello in a church, to start my Credential, but the Logrono Tourist Office had a nice one and they were nice people working there.

• Thank you
Reactions: HoosierOldLady
Oct 15, 2022
USA
Buen Camino. I really enjoyed starting the Camino Frances from Logrono. The bus ride from Bilbao was nice too, seeing the countryside as we went. I'm glad that Bilbao welcomed you. Rioja is a beautiful landscape to walk through and get you into the Pilgrim experience. I couldn't find a sello in a church, to start my Credential, but the Logrono Tourist Office had a nice one and they were nice people working there.
Thanks! I arrived in Logroño about an hour ago. I was hoping to get my first sello at the cathedral. If no luck there, I’ll go to the tourist office

Reactions: CarolamS
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Tandem Graham

E ultreia e suseia, Deus adjuva nos
Feb 13, 2017
UK
Le Puy, CF, VDLP, Francigena
Bike: UK-SdC, Lana
I arrived at Logrono cathedral a few years ago with a very experienced and self confident Brazilian pilgrim who had walked from Rome. He ushered me with him to the Cathedral Dean or Cannon's office where a somewhat grumpy secretary reluctantly rummaged for a stamp in her desk, and imprinted both our credentials. It was one of the more beautiful stamps!

Oct 15, 2022
USA
ushered me with him to the Cathedral Dean or Cannon's office where a somewhat grumpy secretary reluctantly rummaged for a stamp
What a great story! Sadly I had to settle for a stamp from the Turismo office by the bridge. It’s nice, though

Reactions: CarolamS

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Hi all, just a quickie, Has anyone else noticed that the older you get, the larger the ratio of medication: kit you carry in your rucksack? This time round it appears to be around 60% walking...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
As I watched the aurora Friday night (west coast Canada) I was thinking how wonderful it would be to see it along the camino. Wondering if anyone currently walking or living along the camino saw...
Hi there, I will be walking Camino Primitivo soon and I still have some questions that you could maybe help me to answer. As I would like to avoid to bring unnecessary things with me. 1. I do...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.